Square Dancing


You know me, I love my mod, geometric patterns. This puppy is no different, with its brightly colored square outlines over black. I actually wore this one day, then redid it. This is v2.0. The first version had looser, bigger squares, but I prefer the smaller, more tightly woven squares I think.

I was going to post these last night, but I made marinara sauce instead. From scratch. I've made sauce from 'scratch' to an extent before, meaning canned tomatoes, and the rest from scratch, but this time I used fresh tomatoes. Truth be told, it's kind of a pain in the ass, but man was it worth it! I blanched the tomatoes to remove the skin, then diced them, cooked them down, and added them to garlic, mushrooms, olive oil, and onions and simmered them til all the flavors melded. I was actually pretty stoked the recipe I was using didn't include basil (I hate basil). It DID call for carrots, celery, and bay leaves, but I didn't have those, so out they stayed. All in all, it was a total success, and much better than paying $5 for a jar of Ragu, which tastes like a monkey's butthole. Best part? Enough food for the two of us for two meals, and one more serving left! (all for the low, low price of $3.50- yes, that includes the 3 lb of fresh tomatoes!)  Next time I make it, I'm definitely doubling or tripling the recipe so I can freeze some for easy meals. Can you blame me? ;)

BTW- Wanna hear about my New Year in India? Read all about it on Just Another Day in India...

On to what you came here for... the nails. ;)



I used American Apparel Hassid as a base, with white acrylic as a base for the design, covered with American Apparel MacArthur Park for the green, and Zoya Robyn for the turquoise. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.


22 comments

  1. Good golly! This is beyond awesome!!!!! I can't imagine how much time and patience you put into this! Simply wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning! You have skills girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool design! Reminds me of the game Pipe Dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://lulu-nails.blogspot.com/

    Visit my blog! :)

    Happy new year!

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The colours are great. Reminds me of Pipe Dream too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is realllyyy cool :) xX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw your bacon nails you did a long time ago on oddee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominate you for the Kreativ Blogger Award! All the info is on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa! this is intense. i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very tweed-y - I love it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! i love your blog and i nominated you for Creative blogger award! Elena. http://tip-top-nails.blogspot.com/2012/01/creative-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award! :)
    http://kimhatesthis.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    I really love your blog. Your determination to finish your project is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Checkout a new product just out http://girardville.jamberrynails.net ships to your home by USPS..these you apply with a hairdyer... glad to share... Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you do Hunger Games Nails in March?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely design-as a nail tech, I'm always looking for nailspiration. : ) I'm also an avid gardener who grows her own toms and makes cream of tomato soup and pasta sauce; I just de-seed the tomatoes then use an immersion blender to blend the skins after a good boil in some chicken stock-works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. woww nice job. How you made this art? its simply superb and lovely :) go on with new designs (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog...You're a font of inspiration for me, so check my blog http://thenailsdiary.blogspot.com/ i need your opinion! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That square dancing is really impressive. It's such an intricate design. You must be a patient and courageous individual. I am really impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment... you know you want to. ;-P