Flight of the Bumblebee


Fun fact of the day: Melissa means bee/honey. It comes from Greek mythology, where Melissa was a nymph who discovered honey and its uses, and fed Zeus honey when he was a baby instead of milk. Crazy, eh? Today's nails are inspired by my name! :)



I used Orly Snowcone as a base, with American Apparel Hassid for the flight path, and for the black outlines/stripes of the bee, American Apparel Manila for the body of the bee, and a mix of American Apparel Cotton and American Apparel Mount Royal for the wings. Topped it off with only one coat of Seche Vite top coat, as I was running low on time.

Where do you think the bee is heading to?

Maybe to see his 'honey'? haha!

21 comments

  1. super cute! The Gods of Creativity have answered your call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! THey remind me of winnie the pooh:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favorite yet.... just like a kid's happy little book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! My husband loves your designs. He asks me each day, "What's on The Daily Nail?" He even tells his buddies about it. His favorites: the ho-hos, the bacon, and the basket weave. He is convinced that the basket weave is a fake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite! I love honeybees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute! the blue is so vivid! I love it! I never see Orly nail paints at drugstores/beauty supplies...where can I go to get them? (there is no Ulta in new york city--lame).
    I have a suggestion: 101 dalmations! (I figure you can get your Hassid on with this one...maybe like 4 nails of just the spots and an actual lil puppy face on the thumb or something?)
    You're still my nail polish hero :) (like Cricket's hubby I too am amazed by the basket weave)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - must forward to my friend, who love bumblebees and has an almost exact tattoo across the top of her foot and toes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another manicure I'm going to have to copy. I have so many of your mani pics in my inspiration folder, it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!!!!!!!

    this one has been my favorite so far
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is super cute!

    I love your blog so I have given you an award, details here:http://polishandpowder.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-love-your-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. definitly my favourite so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww, this mani is so, so sweet <3 hope you don't mind if I copy it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one's totally cute and unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment... you know you want to. ;-P